Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Paper Toys

Here are a couple of paper toys that Ruben made today:




He's been making these kinds of things for a few weeks.  He'll draw and cut, and then say something like, "Now I need to add an ear," or "Oh! I forgot the boots."  Then he'll draw and cut some more and then tape all of his pieces together and play with his finished work.  Most of them are paper figures like the lion and the Batman above, but there are also ladders, buildings, axes, brooms and trees, which sometimes have sticks held on with lots of tape that add support to the structure.  He is figuring it out as he goes, sometimes with some frustration, but mostly with pure have-to-stay-up-late-so-I-can-finish-this excitement. 

I love watching this explosion of creativity.

3 comments:

  1. I just love evrything in here....your blog have so many wonderful inspiration...
    I love all the photos !!!!
    I wish a wonderful week.
    Hugs from Brazil
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing!!! I want that lion design on a shirt! Go Ruben!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paper, scissors, crayons, and tape. These were my absolute favorite toys growing up. And I remember the have-to-stay-up-late-so-I-can-finish-this excitement well. And when I was babysitting age I showed the kids how to make tabletop 3-D houses with cellophane windows. We had such a good time! Please thank Ruben for prompting these great memories with his paper toys.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!